This parish in the name of Archangel St. Michael was established in the year 1839. The first Vicar of this parish was Rev. Fr. Mathachan Thakidiyil, who belonged to this Parish itself. The parishioners who co-operated with him to build the small Parish were Thakidiyil Puravathu Family, Amakattil Kora and Brothers, Panthanalil Mathew, Puthumana Thomman, Chathammattil Varkey. The parishioners underwent many hardships to attain this long term goal of having a Church of their own. Since there were many to destroy it, few parishioners were even jailed in the struggle of establishing this Church.When it was decided to celebrate the main feast in the name of St. Michael, a shrine was established at a small distance from the Church for the procession during the feast. The parishioners joined together and defended the attempt of people from other religions to remove the cross. After this the landlord gave the land to the parishioners legally and thus the church got its own land to establish the Shrine. Rev. Fr. Mathew Pandiyalil the second vicar, received donations from many well-wishers to build the Church. The completion of Church construction was during the time of Rev. Fr. Kuzhikkattil. The first presbytery was constructed by Rev. Fr. Mathew Pamdiyalil. Till 1934 the Parish was under the Changanassery eparchy and 1934 October 6 onwards it was changed under the Errnakulam Arch Dioceses.